During the long 6-week holiday season, you are still better off planning and packing your food as much as possible. You don't have to eat perfectly but it will help you to be more consistent. You don't want to lose the fat-burning progress you've made during the year.
Here are 10 great reasons to plan your holiday eating:
1. Eating on the run is expensive. Eat better and save money.
2. Healthy eating habits help you burn fat and lose/manage weight loss. When you eat whole, natural foods, you are filled for a longer period on less calories. Whole, natural foods have one ingredient, like fresh fruits, fish, nuts and veggies.
3. When you pack your foods, you are less likely to go long periods of time without eating. The food is always right there with you. Eating every 3-4 hours maintains your energy and keeps your metabolism active throughout the day.
4. You can eat protein with every meal when you plan. Protein helps you stay full for longer and helps keep carbs from spiking your blood sugar. Protein also gives you:
a. Increased Thermic Effect of Feeding – All the foods we eat require energy to be broken down and absorbed in the body, but this “thermic effect” for protein is about twice as high as it is for carbohydrates or fats. A higher protein intake essentially means increased metabolic rate and heightened fat burning when dieting.
b. Increased Satiety – A diet higher in protein leads to greater feelings of fullness and being satisfied.
c. Increased Glucagon – Glucagon is a hormone that counteracts the effects of insulin in fat tissue. While insulin can blunt the body’s ability to burn fat and instead tell it to STORE fat, glucagon produces the opposite effect, which means more fat burning. Essentially, glucagon is responsible for decreasing the body’s ability to make and store fat in fat cells and in the liver. This again means more fat burning and less fat storage.
5. Similarly, you can eat enough fiber and healty fats during the day. Just pack fruits and vegetables and eat them with each meal. A fruit, like avocado, is a great source of healthy fat.
6. If you will pack water and unsweetened tea, you will have no need to drink sugary, belly-fattening drinks.
7. You won't be tempted to eat at a restaurant on the run.
8. Planning and packing meals helps you stay with your meal plan better, even on weekends.
9. You are more likely to eat healthy snacks like low-fat Greek yogurt, nuts or smoothies.
10. You are more likely to journal your food when you plan. Research has proven that you will have a better chance of succeeding with your meal plan and fat loss if you keep a food journal.
By logging your actual food choices, you are holding yourself accountable throughout the day. It will also help protect you from binge-eating and emotional eating if you write down why and what you eat. Once you get a good feel for how you need to eat, you won't need a daily food journal.
Eat better, feel better and look better!
- Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
- Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
- Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
- Have the Energy to Accomplish Your Daily Goals?
Women: 10-Day Curves and Abs Jumpstart
Men: 10-Day Body Fat Blast Jumpstart
I will coach you to transform your body and its definitely not just about weight loss. You will learn what it takes to change your eating habits and lifestyle and start remaking your body a healthy, energized and lean fat-burning machine!