In 2017, having a strong web presence is essential for your medical practice to thrive in the digital marketing space. Since 72% of patients refer to the Internet for information about doctors, hospitals, and medical treatments, staying on trend is vital to staying connected with your current and prospective clients. It’s also important in boosting awareness of your practice to generating new patients from your online campaigns while retaining your existing ones.
The good news is that there are strategies you can implement now to experience growth in your practice. In this guide, you’ll discover five key steps to better your medical practice marketing that creates desired results from your online efforts.
#1 Grow Your Subscriber List
Did you know that email marketing yields an average 4,300% return on investment for businesses in the United States? It also works 40 times better at getting customers compared to social media channels and is one of the most effective ways to generating leads to your business. Growing your email list is the lifeline to your business. As you implement nurturing tactics, you’ll convert these leads into new patients.
The following are a few ways to incorporate email marketing into your strategy:
- Ask your social media followers to subscribe to your list. Share the advantages of opting in
- Host webinars. Participants must offer their contact info in order to attend your broadcast. Webinars is a valuable platform what you can convey in-depth content to truly engage, educate, and be connected with your patients
- Optimize your blog posts by offering a free guide, resource, or video series they can download from your blog
- Ask current subscribers to share your content with their family and friends
#2 Blog, Blog, Blog!
Blogging is perhaps the best way to position your brand as a thought-leader and expert in your medical niche. It is the perfect platform to build brand awareness, get in front of your audience in the search engines, and educate your patients towards better health. If you want to catapult your marketing and separate yourself from competitors, leverage a blog and publish consistently.
The best way to creating engaging content that captivates your readers is by having a clear understanding of your target audience and the pains, problems, and common questions they have so you can offer solutions in your blog posts. You see, your entire content marketing strategy will revolve around speaking to the hearts of your audience. The more you resonate with their pains and provide answers, the more effective your strategy.
Also, focus on long-tail keyword phrases that your prospects are actively searching for in the search engines and build content around that. Long-form content of 1500+ words gets the most attention in Google so create a content plan that supports this word count. Finally, add multimedia to your content like images, videos, and infographics to improve SEO and website experience.
#3 Boost Your Visual Strategy
Visual content is all the rave on the Internet, especially social media! From GIFs, live-streaming videos, to high-def images, you will significantly boost engagement when you add more visuals into your medical practice marketing. Actually, both video and infographics have become powerful tools for brands looking to communicate more easily with their readers (Source: Hubspot). Increasing your visuals is a must to bolster your online marketing.
Check out these stats to glean ways on how you can ramp up your visual content:
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images
- Use colored visuals as it increases engagement by 80%
- 9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than other any other type of content
- Articles with an image once every 75-100 words got double the number of social shares than articles with fewer images
- Visual content is more than 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content
#4 Go Where Your Patients Are...Social Media
In 2017, being on social media is not an option…it is a necessity for your medical practice. With 70% of the U.S. population now having at least one social networking profile, your patients are seeking to follow and connect with you on their favorite networks.
Businesses are leveraging social media to educate their audiences, communicate with clients, entertain, inspire and report on trending topics. It’s also a great channel to humanize and create authentic online experiences from your brand.
Looking for ways to better your social media marketing strategy? Here are a few tips to get started:
- Identify your goals, persona, and audience: When you are clear in these key areas, you'll be able to align your social media strategy with the needs of your audience and business objectives
- Know the best social networks to engage on: You can simply do a survey with your current patients and ask them which networks they’re on the most. You want to focus where your patients and potential clients are
- Leverage a social media management tool: This will help you plan, organize, and schedule in advance your social media posts, becoming more productive and effective in your marketing
- Monitor and Measure: Test to see what's working and what's not to target on tactics that are creating results. Your social media management tool have built-in analytics to let you know which types of posts are producing more engagement
- Do be social!: Remember, this is social media. Find creative ways to engage with your patients content by liking, sharing, and commenting on their posts.
#5 Leverage Patient Testimonials
Testimonials, reviews, and user-generated content (content that comes directly from your customers in the form of social media post, email message, video, etc.) is extremely powerful for building new clients. In fact, reviews are huge assets to your practice, with 90% of consumers reading online reviews and a whopping 88% of them trusting these reviews as much as personal recommendations (Source: Business2Community).
Encourage your patients to share their good experiences when visiting the doctor’s office. Make it easy for them to leave reviews by emailing them your review profile link (i.e. from Yelp, Google, etc.) and kindly asking for feedback. You’ll discover that customers love sharing reviews, you simply have to request for it!
Another idea for user-generated content is to host an Instagram contest where they upload a quick 15 second video expressing what they enjoy about coming to your practice. Or a photo of them leaving your office giving a testimonial in the social media post. Be sure you give them your branded hashtag to use along with other popular hashtags in your niche to maximize exposure.
Having a clear, operating plan for your medical practice marketing is crucial in this digital era. Take the steps outlined and follow them to a “T” to guide you in building a successful marketing strategy that gets in front of your audience, engages them with compelling content, grows your subscribers list, and brings new patients walking in the door!