Sometimes you feel like a change we all love lasagna and the winter squash is so good this time of year so I figured why not roast some and make a lasagna. I enjoyed this makes great leftovers and its a fun seasonal take on lasagna.
- one pack of chicken breasts - slice into chunks.
- one butternut squash and a small acorn squash cut into cubes and roasted at 425 for 20 minutes with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
- 2 cups of milk used to make the white sauce
- 1/2 a red onion sliced.
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped.
- a pack of pre cooked lasagna sheets.
- one pack of mushrooms sliced.
- a few small red, orange peppers sliced.
- a knob of butter and a tablespoon of plain flour to make the roux.
- one large tomato sliced.
- a handful of fresh thinly sliced parsley.
- roast the squash and keep to one side.
- saute the onion and garlic in olive oil with the chicken and peppers for about 10 minutes until cooked, keep to one side.
- in another pan add the butter melt and add flour to make a roux then slowly add the milk to make a white sauce. Add in the fresh parsley.
- mix the sauce with the chicken.
- then layer the chicken, with the lasagna and roasted squash
- top with tomato slices and grated cheese of your choice and bake for 20-30 min.
Hope your 2017 is of to a great start