Having a baby means life gets busy. We feel like we are running in different directions which causes stress. Feeding your baby can be the time you and baby take to slow down, spend time together and to bond. There are many ways to create a better feeding experience for your baby, and here’s just a few.
Keep It Quiet: Not silent, just quiet. Play soft music, sing to your baby, talk softly to your baby or if you want some background noise, turn the TV down to low. The quiet environment simulates a calm, no-stress, slow down atmosphere keeping them from getting excitable and gulping too much air.
Help them Relax: Rub their arms or legs gently and slowly, play with their fingers, make loads of eye contact and speak in quiet tones. Even if baby was crying for their food because they are hungry, calming this way is soothing and relaxing and will create a better feeding experience.
Choose a Great Bottle: Philips Avent Bottles helps solve feeding concerns. Face it, there are a lot of yucky words that come to mind when it comes to your baby feeding – spit-up, burbing, gas, colic, just to name a few. Philips Avent wants to help moms understand and help them avoid any of it by selecting a bottle that fits their needs. They have introduced the Philips Avent Anti-colic bottle – clinically proven to reduce colic and discomfort. The Philips Avent Anti-colic bottle features a new look and name, with the same Classic+ features that moms have loved for years – to reinforce the fuss-fighting benefits they’ve always had.Here are a few of the Philips Avent Anti-colic bottle features:
- Features an Airflex venting system designed to reduce gas and colic by reducing air ingestion
- Fewer parts for easy cleaning and assembly – only 4 parts total: bottle, cap, nipple and ring which holds the nipple in place.
- Babies fed with Philips Avent anti-colic bottles experienced 60% less fussing at night, than babies fed with a leading competitor’s vented bottle. *At 2 weeks of age, babies fed with a Philips Avent bottle showed a trend to less colic compared to a conventional bottle and a significant reduction in fussing at night compared to babies fed with another leading bottle.
- Built-in, venting system keeps air away from baby’s tummy
- Ribbed texture prevents nipple collapse for uninterrupted feeding
Carsyn now take 8 ounce bottles. This is also the ONLY bottle we’ve found that he can comfortably hold himself with so much liquid inside.
Philips Avent partnered with actress and new mom Sarah Chalke this year to learn about her experience with colic with her first child and how she’s trusting Philips Avent to ensure the best feeding experience for her new daughter, Frankie.
I’m really happy with Philips Avent bottles and Carsyn is too!
Check out more about Philips Avent
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Philips Avent via Momtrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Philips Avent or Momtrends.