Polymer clay is a wonderful art medium. So if you want to make fun, nature inspired or special themed jewelry, then polymer clay is for you. This first one by Alina Salina is for a cool Hobbit Door polymer clay necklace. Perfect for any Tolkien fan!
You first need to see how she creates faux wood grain.
Then how to use that technique for the hobbit door necklace! She made molds of real stone pieces to make the polymer clay "rocks" at the bottom of the door.
This next tutorial by Velvetorium is for a wood grain and moss polymer clay ring. She shares how she uses tools to create the effect. Wouldn't it be cool if there were a tiny clay woodpecker as well?
She didn't demonstrate in the tutorial but you do have to remove the polymer clay creation after baking and apply glue to make sure the clay sticks to the ring blank.
Before You Go:
- How to Make Faux Metal Resin Clay Beads
- Faux Metal Polymer Clay Jewelry by Adriana Allen
- Faux Gold Dipped Pendant Tutorial
Share Your Comment!
- How to Make Wire Maple Leaf Pendants
- Custom 3D Polymer Clay Portrait Jewelry by NicomadeMe
- Wire Wrapped Circle Earrings Tutorial Uses Jumprings