225g butter, melted
300g of brown sugar (or more depending on your taste)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
225g plain flour
110 g dark chocolate (70%) at Liddle
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
80 g grilled hazelnuts
Preparation method Prep: 20 min |Cook: 20 min
1. First, preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease and flour a 23x30cm baking tin.
2. Next, heat butter and dark chocolate. I used the microwave
3. Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder and add it to the mixture. Beat it slowly until flour mixture and butter mixture are incorporated, add the hazelnuts then mix again.
4. Pour it into the baking tin and bake it for 20 minutes or until a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean.
5. Let it cool. The brownie will be crumbly if you eat it right away. Let it cool and it will be chewy and not crumbly. Patience is a virtue.
Note: I changed this recipe!
If you are diabetic, there are sugar-free chocolates available at some supermarkets and you may use Isomalt as substitute for sugar but in very small amounts. Editor's note:
This recipe was edited by Allrecipes.co.uk staff, to conform to measures and ingredients that are familiar to UK and Irish cooks.