6 Carrots Chopped Veggies in casserole dish
1/2 head Cauliflower
1 cup chopped Zucchini
2 cloves Garlic
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
3 cups Water (or vegetable broth)
1/2 jar of Vegan Pasta Sauce
1 tablespoon Curry Powder
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 small Lime, juiced
Chopped Veggies in casserole dish
- Start by roasting hazelnuts (or other nuts). Preheat oven to 350° F. Shell about a handful of nuts and spread in a roastpan. Put pan in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, watching that they do not burn. Pour nuts into a clean teatowel and set aside to steam and cool.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Peel the carrots and garlic cloves, and chop along with cauliflower and zucchini.
- Line a casserole dish with parchment paper if you want to cut down on cleanup. Place carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, and garlic into the casserole dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir the veggies, and return to oven and continue to roast until the vegetables are tender and lightly charred, about another 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water and pasta sauce (lazy cook's shortcut) or vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Remove the roasted veggies from the oven and stir and set aside briefly.
- Stir curry powder into the water/pasta sauce and add the roasted vegetables. Cover and simmer soup until vegetables are soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Take off the heat.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- On a medium setting, whisk the coconut milk and lime juice into soup. Simmer just until warmed through, for about 5 to 10 minutes
- Finish the nuts by rubbing them together in the teatowel so that most of their skins rub off. Chop or grind coarsely and sprinkle on each individual bowl of soup at serving time.