Have you ever come across wire maple leaves? And wondered how they are made? These two video tutorials show how you can do it with just regular tools. They differ in technique. The first method is by Lan Ahn Handmade, a Vietnamese designer. She uses the wire weaving method to create loops around thick wire mandrels.
The other tutorial is also by another Vietnamese, Lythong who says he learns from Lan Ahn. His method use both jaws of his round nose pliers. No wire weaving or wire mandrels. But you do have to practice for consistently sized loops. You are also limited in leaf size as the loops are determined by the dimensions of the round nose pliers.
Thanks to reader Rozantia for sharing one of the tutorials!
Before You Go:
- How to Make a Metal Leaf | Tool Use
- Wire and Polymer Clay Leaf Tutorial
- Using Real Leaves for Making Polymer Clay Earrings
Share Your Comment!
- Rather skinny maple leaves but we get the drift!! by Pearl Blay https://www.blogger.com/profile/10373750828368944711
- I was impressed by this technique as I had never s... by bairozan https://www.blogger.com/profile/15480725582668681075
- I'm having a hard time seeing a Maple leaf but... by aims https://www.blogger.com/profile/12685252628734838159
- Cool. For thinner wire I think we can just coil an... by Divya N https://www.blogger.com/profile/17522282917004358863
- Resin Art Nail Polish Pendant Tutorial
- How to Make Bead and Wire Leaves Tutorials
- Adorable Outlined Beaded Animal Necklace Tutorials