Position: Oakland Athletics Baseball Operations Analyst
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time Baseball Operations Analyst. This position will report directly to the general manager. The Baseball Operations Analyst will have responsibilities that include performing ad-hoc analysis and querying the team’s proprietary database, as well as in assisting in the creation of new analytical tools to support baseball operations. This position will work with members of the front office to provide analysis and create reports for use across all areas of baseball operations.
- Produce stats-based reports for the front office and coaching staff.
- Conduct research projects and present findings to office and field staff.
- Perform exploratory analysis of new data and take initiative to stay on forefront of baseball research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in math, computer science, economics, statistics or related field.
- Strong proficiency in SQL is required.
- Knowledge of back-end server processes is preferable.
- Experience with Python and R is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with an ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.