Position: Sports Info Solutions Research & Development Associate
Location: Coplay, Pa.
SIS is looking for highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in the baseball industry. Video Scouts will have a chance to make an immediate impression on the company. Each Video Scout will be collecting data that is directly used by SIS clients (including major league teams) for advance scouting and evaluation purposes. Not only will the Video Scouts become more familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of amateur and professional players, but they will also learn about the ins and outs of the baseball statistics industry.
Former Video Scouts have risen rapidly through Major League front offices after getting their start watching two to three games per day at SIS. In the words of one former Video Scout and current Vice President of Baseball Operations, “My summer at SIS was the best baseball experience of my life.” Major League teams frequently come to us for recommendations when they need to fill a position within their organization, and our top video scouts each year routinely land team internships and/or full-time jobs.
SIS offers two unique start dates for this position. The first begins February 6th, 2017. It will last for a period of five months, with the possibility of extending further based on the Video Scout’s performance. The second begins on March 13th, 2017. This will last five to six months, again with a possibility of extending longer.
- Score and pitch chart MLB, MiLB and amateur games using specialized computer software.
- Check the accuracy and validity of data.
- Prepare and analyze statistical data for delivery to customers.
- Assist with the production of the 2018 Bill James Handbook.
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of baseball and baseball scorekeeping.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between pitch types.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn new software.
- High attention to detail.
- High school, college, or professional baseball playing experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work out of our Coplay, Pa., office.
- Enrolled in or graduated from an accredited college or university.
Please apply here.