January 18, 2017
Organic and At Home Solutions for Cleaning
If you prefer to follow natural trends when it comes to cleaning your home, you may be baffled by glass. Glass can be hard to keep clean at the best of times and at all times.
If you would like to know how to keep your glass clean and shiny without chemicals, give the following organic and natural solutions a try.
Organic At Home Solutions for Cleaning Glass
There are many natural solutions out there that don’t involve a whole lot of elbow grease or mixing on your behalf. Here are some you may want to try.
- Newspaper – Newspaper can be a great way to get your windows shiny, try with a natural window cleaner, or make your own with the recipe below.
- E-Cloths or Norwex Cloths – Companies like E-Cloths and Norwex make reusable cloths that you can use around the home for all of your cleaning needs. The window cloths are usually a double set with a cloth you wet and wipe with and a drying chamois.
- Natural Store Bought Cleaners – Brands like Mrs. Meyers, J.R Watkins, and stores natural home brands can be used with a reusable cloth, newspaper or recycled paper towel. There is no need to use chemicals when cleaning your windows.
Making Your Own Glass Cleaner
If you would prefer to make your own glass cleaner with products you have around the home, this recipe can help you create a streak free glass cleaner.
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol
Whilst cornstarch may sound like a weird way to clean your windows, it is one of the key ingredients to this recipe. For super sparkly windows combine ingredients in a spray bottle and grab some of those junk mail newspapers you get every week.
If you have build up on your glass, you may want to wash down with soap first then try the DIY glass cleaner above.
Keeping Your Glass Clean and Shiny
By using one of these ideas or combining a few you can get streak free glass throughout your home without using chemical cleaners.
If you have glass in your home that has cracks, chips or scratches, that bother you every time you look in the mirror or out the window, it may be time to have your glass replaced. If you would like to replace or repair glass in your home, contact the team at Dan’s Glass can help. We specialize in glass repair and replacement and have been in the glass business for over 30 years. We can help keep your windows, mirrors and doors clean and in good repair.
This article originally appeared on Dan’s Glass blog.