|Delicious Vegan "Pumpkin Cheesecake"|
This "Pumpkin cheesecake" is another one of the recipes that was demonstrated at the Healthy Choices cooking class by Dr. Darlene Blaney, PhD Nutritionist, on March 29th at our Church. It's baked in a casserole dish or a spring-form pan, maybe the reason for calling it a "cheesecake", but to me it tasted like the perfect Pumpkin Pie!
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 C. Graham Cracker crumbs
- 1 C. Fresh Walnuts, ground fine
- 1/3 C. Grape Seed Oil
- 1 T. Liquid Honey
- Mix ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- With a fork, press mixture in the bottom of a lightly oiled (use a non-stick spray) 12" spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 x 349 g Pkg. Firm Silken Tofu
- 2 C. Pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 C. Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 4 T. Corn Starch
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into crust. Smooth out nicely.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for approximately 1 hour or until set and it begins to brown on top.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with melted carob chips.