This recipe is for a quick and easy green pea soup-- no need to buy that dry paste that never really hydrates in your cup when you can have a lovely thermos of home-made soup that you can easily make in the hour before you leave for work (or before you go to bed). This soup is vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dillweed
- filtered water
- 3 C. Frozen Peas
- Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 10 freshly cracked Hazelnuts (optional OR 1/2 C. nut milk)
- This soup is highly digestible because it doesn't contain any visible fats or oils. We are adherents to Dr. John McDougall's The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good!
- Saute the onions, garlic, and dillweed in about an inch of water, boiling for about 4 minutes or so.
- Add in the peas and fresh Thyme (1 leaf of the broadleaf thyme/cuban oregano or perhaps 2 T. of chopped regular fresh thyme), bring to a boil and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add Miso, Salt and Pepper (to taste) to the carafe of your blender.
- If using hazelnuts or nut milk, whirl up in the blender with about a Cup of the soup fluid
- Add in about 1/2 to 3/4 of the soup to the carafe as well. Carefully blend until smooth.
- Add back into the soup pot and stir together. My husband really likes this soup a lot!