- one can of chick peas
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- a dash of balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of sesame seeds (tahini would be best but I didn't have any)
- a dash of olive oil
- a little lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat the oven to 400
- slice the red pepper and add to a baking tray with the garlic a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, the garlic and a little salt and pepper, roast for 10-15 minutes until slightly charred.
- add a can of chick peas to a blender with the roasted red pepper, a little lemon juice, more oil, sesame seeds and water as needed to get desired consistency,
The farm continues to grow, I am not producing a great deal but am at peace with that want to slowly grow and mostly feed my family the first year. My kind neighbor a farmer tilled another area for me and we planted corn, sunflowers and pumpkins really hoping it establishes and we can have a pumpkin patch in the fall.
A lovely sunset recently I just adore them, the kids are off for the summer so busy with them and we have some travel coming up, stay connected on social media I will share the journey :-) '