The Fancher's are my children's grandparents in the neighborhood, they were there for my babies ever since we moved to our first home. They have been our family for ten years now, my kids call them Lolo and Lola (Filipino terms for grandma and grandpa).
Our other neighbor whom we also call our family are the Howells.
We also invited EJ's Godparents, the Kinder's and the Brady's.
EJ was happy to see his god sisters Sophie and Jennifer.
- Make sure that you have a stack of bathroom tissues in the bathroom.
- Aside from towels, make sure that you have extra facial tissues in the bathroom just in case some guest might want to wipe their face.
- At this time of the year, chances are, you will have a guest that has cold or sniffle so make sure that you have tissues in every part of the room where guests will walk around.
- Instead of cooking all the food, spare yourself from too much stress and order some food instead. I prepared some dishes but I also ordered some food such as jojo potatoes, chicken strips, and pizza. I also ordered the cake since I am not really a baker. Believe me I envy those Moms who can bake their children's birthday cake, I think that is very special. I will post a separate one for all the goodies at my food blog.
- I used to use silverware and plates when used to have our children's birthday party but found it hard to clean up after the party so I just buy paper plates and other disposable material to use. That way, they can just toss it out in the garbage when they are done eating.
- Prepare different kinds of beverage for your guests that way they h ave a few variety to choose from.
I am glad that we have a bigger house now because everyone has a place to sit and chit-chat.
Since our son loves football, we got him a cake with a football design, he loves it.
I really can't believe that my youngest, my only son, is now ten years old. Time really fly very fast. I am thankful that I am always home to see every milestone my children has. I rarely miss any event and I get to take care of them everyday. That's the luxury of working from home. It might not be ideal financially but it is ideal for my children's sake.
He love all the gifts! He accumulated 100 dollars from his birthday so he now have a small chunk into his wallet. He has been saving his money because he wants to buy his own car when he is old enough to drive. We will see if his savings will be enough to buy a car in five years lol.
Although he is into electronic/gadget, he still love to play games like Nerf guns and other games so he was excited to see his new Nerf .guns. He's got many already but I actually put all of them in a container as I got tired of picking up the bullets for him lol.
One of the gifts that he love also is the bounce off.
We all had fun playing it. Even when the guests left, the four of us played.
I don't have many Filipino friends around here, I only invited those who are close and I interact often.
It was a fun night for all of us. I hope that we could get together again soon.
My husband's birthday is next month so maybe we can all get together again.
Before they left, we took some family photo.
Disclosure: I received these Emerald tissue products from Shoplet but was not financially compensated for it. I love that these are made from by-products such as sugarcane bagasse and wheat straw. Emerald brand eliminates the need to cut down trees by utilizing the traditionally wasted by-products I have mentioned and turn them into high quality paper and packaging solutions