Slow Cooker Italian Seasoned chicken is a simple chicken dish flavored with green peppers, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning. It is served over pasta for an easy dinner.
Mike and I eat a lot of chicken. I like trying to think of new ways to serve it. Some of them turn out delicious and then there are some that I will never make again. This slow cooker Italian seasoned chicken is on the first list, I will be making this one again. I think it would be a good recipe when our kids are around; they all like dishes that are served with pasta.
Another thing that Mike and I enjoy is Italian seasoning. So when thinking about recipes for my blog I decided to throw these two things together and see how they turned out. The result was a positive one; we were both happy with how everything turned out.
It is a simple dish and you may have all the ingredients for this dish in your kitchen at this time.
It starts with browning the chicken in a skillet. As the chicken is browning a can of whole tomatoes are crushed by hand and added to the slow cooker. A medium onion and green pepper are sliced and then added to the slow cooker. Mince two or three cloves of garlic and toss into the slow cooker. After the vegetables are added a cup of low sodium chicken broth and one tablespoon of Italian seasoning is added. You can season with salt and pepper at this point.
At this point take a wooden spoon and mix all the ingredients together. Once the chicken is browned place in with the vegetables and let the slow cooker do its magic.
Once it is done serve it over your favorite pasta for a simple, but delicious meal.
- 4 to 8 chicken thighs
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Cooked pasta
- Brown chicken in a skillet for 4 to 6 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the chicken is browning add the slices of green peppers, onions, and garlic to the slow cooker. Crush the whole tomato by hand as you add them to the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Mix with a wooden spoon until ingredients are well mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is browned nestle it in amongst the vegetables.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours
- Serve over cooked pasta.