I am way behind this year on Christmas shopping. Normally, I would have already finished buying all presents by mid November. I’m trying cut down on my spending budget and making sure I give some personalized gifts that will show my loved ones just how much they mean to me. My godmother loves to wear themed costume jewelry so I thought it would be a great idea if I made her some earrings.
Since it is winter and she has been rocking her winter accessories, I came up with a plan to make her some snowman earrings using supplies that I could purchase right at our local art supply store. You’d be surprised how many great gifts you could make with just a few items that you could buy locally and are pretty inexpensive.
- Tools (small wire cutter, round nose pliers, and chain nose pliers)
- 22mm Fishhook earwire
- 3″ Head pins
- Glass snowman beads
- Tiny silver beads
- First slide one silver bead onto the bottom of each head pin, then a snowman bead, and another silver bead on top.
- Use your round nose pliers in your one hand to pinch the wire tightly right above your top bead and then place the chain nose pliers in your other hand, gently clamp the long part of your pin and wrap it around twice under your round nose pliers creating a tiny loop.
- Trim off your excess wire close to your loop with your wire cutter.
- Now open the bottom loop of your fishhook earrings with one of your pliers and slide the loop your created above your snowman in the fishhook loop.
- Close your loop back up with your pliers and clean off the hook with a little rubbing alcohol.
Let’s Discuss: What are some personalized gifts that you have given to friends and loved ones over the years?
© 2016, Tough Cookie Mommy. All rights reserved.